My computer runs Debian continually. However, lately, I have been needing
to reboot to dos (a 6 year old daughter who wants to play a couple dos
games who it is very hard to say 'no' to).

I have the latest (hamm) dosemu installed for a text based program and
have tried to get it to run in graphics mode so the games are more
accessible.

However, as a normal user I can't get it. If I try to run vgaon it kicks
out an error: CAN'T DO VIDEO INIT, BIOS NOT MAPPED.

As root from a console I can get the graphics with no problem. I hate to
teach my daughters how to gain root access on my computer though just to
run a couple games.

What can I change to all my normal user account to access the video?

David

PS. On a related note, it would be nice to get graphics in the xdos
windows, but I get the same error as above even logged on as root. Any
hints on this one?

--
The AtticKeeper: Rev. David Morris
mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]