Hello,

I was wondering if the following is possible using either Smail or Sendmail,

What I want to do is to use smail or sendmail mail to deliver my internet
email,  The problem I have is that I need one of these packages to deliver any
local mail or network mail to the appropriate user/server, but to queue all
internet email until my dialup connection is established using ppp, I also need
smail or sendmail to change the "from" address of the email to the address of
my internet email account, (i.e. email bound for the internet needs the "From"
address changed from "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" which is my Linux box to
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" my internet email account).

Is this possible?  if so how.

Also is smail the default mail daemon of Debian?  if so then using the default
mail daemon would be preferable.

Regards

Graham