I got A LOT of problems when trying to upgrade, my lack of
   response the past few days is because I was fixing my box.  :)  Well, this
   is the 'best' way to upgrade to glibc2, unfortunately, it is a very
   undesirable solution.
           Install 1.3.R6 fresh, THEN as dselect comes up, cancel, and
   immediately run the autoup.sh.  It would be better if you predownloaded
   the "first hamm packages" first, but the script will prompt you.  Ok.. run
   the script, then install everything.  This will give you a VERY clean
   install of Debian 2.0 (unstable).

Actually, the best way to install 2.0, AFAICT and IMHO, is to use the
brand-new 2.0 install disks.  You can find them in the usual archives
in the disks-i386 distribution.