Pigeon said:
> Hi,
>
> Just idly wondering: /etc/init.d/omniorb: what is it for? It was put in by
> default when I originally installed the system, and I soon
> disabled it, and haven't noticed anything complaining that it's not there.

I've never used it(as far as I know..) but apt-cache says

 omniORB is a freely available Common Object Request Broker
 Architecture (CORBA) 2.3 compliant object request broker (ORB)
 implementation. It is based on the IIOP communications
 protocol and should be interoperable with any other
 CORBA 2.3 compliant ORB.

you can always remove it, apt-get remove omniorb, if something else
needs it, the system will prompt to remove that as well, if its something
you need you can keep it, I've never had it on my systems though as far
as I can remember.

nate