Just for your interest, I have tested the hamm disks on a friends computer,
and I was able to install hamm using those disks, but like others have
pointed out, perl is missing, so I had to install it manually before I could
use the ftp method of dselect.  I also tried autoupd.sh on another friends
computer, and it went from bo to hamm just fine, there is only one problem:
He uses accelerated X 4.1, which stopped working after the upgrade
(complains about unresolved symbols, doesn't say which library though).
Has anyone else run into this?  If so, what is the fix?