Hi, all,

OK, I figured out that the cause of my 'problem' is the Xaw3dg package
required by gv.  I've read all the documentation regarding scrollbars and
even tried downloading the sources from ftp.x.org, but the directions
given in /usr/doc/Xaw3dg/scrollbars didn't work for me.  It said
'./debian.rules: no such file or directory'.

I guess the only thing I would like to do is make it so that the scrollbar
in xconsole has the same smooth, gray look it used to have.  Is there any
way to do this?  I like gv and I guess I want to have my cake and eat it,
too. :)

TIA for any help,
Matt