Ossama Othman writes:

> Hi Chip,
> If you are using hamm, you can update to the XF86-3.3.2 package.  I assume
> it will contain all of the necessary files that you need.

Sorry to "drop into" this thread like this, but I upgraded my XF86 to
3.3.2 and now I can't start netscape, and the backspace key is erasing
forward.

Can you help me?

$ netscape
/usr/lib/netscape/netscape: can't load library 'libXt.so.6'

nr# ldconfig -v | egrep libXt
        libXt.so.6 => libXt.so.6.0
        libXtst.so.6 => libXtst.so.6.1
        libXtst.so.6 => libXtst.so.6.1
        libXt.so.6 => libXt.so.6.0
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/i486-linuxaout/libdb.so.1 (No such file
or directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libext2fs.so (No such file or
directory), skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libe2p.so (No such file or directory),
skipping
ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libuuid.so (No such file or directory),
skipping
nr# uname -a
Linux nr 2.0.33 #2 Wed Mar 18 22:03:15 EST 1998 i586 unknown

(This warnings are somewhat old -- 2 or 3 weeks -- from things debian
left behind while I upgraded)

I don't know if it's related, but the package kbd has this problem to
configure:

nr# dpkg --configure kbd
Setting up kbd (0.95-5) ...
Removing any obsolete scripts: .
update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/keymaps: file does not exist
dpkg: error processing kbd (--configure):
 kbd

This happens because I installed 0.95-4, and that package already
removed this keymaps file.

--
Luiz Otavio L. Zorzella                 Product Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          http://www.conexware.com