In article <Pine.LNX.3.96.980327120931.2482D-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, George Bonser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes
>On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Ian Lynagh wrote:

I assume the computer name (random string) and domain
name (lynagh.demon.co.uk) were OK?

>>      The system on your network that you should use as a DNS
>>      (Domain Name Service) server.
>>
>> ???
>Use this machine install the debian bind package. During
>installation of bind, list your isp's nameservers as forwarders. This will
>create a cacheing nameserver that will speed up mail delivery and save you
>some bandwidth. You might create a local zone file for the 192.168.37
>network and list your local machines.

I was under the impressino bind wasn't necessary. Can I answer none
to this and not install bind, at least for the moment?

>Good luck.

Thanks  :-)

Ian
--
Ian Lynagh - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.sn.no/~balchen/igloo/

"It's at times like this that I wish I'd listened to my mother." "Why, what did
she say?" "I dunno. I never listened."