Carroll Kong wrote:
  >....  Where do I go to
  >increase color depth allocation per user?  I want to have maximized resource
  >allocated.... Thanks in advance guys!
  >
  >Debian 1.3R6 running XDM-Shadow

To set a default depth of 16, edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and insert a
DefaultColorDepth line in the appropriate Screen section.

Section "Screen"
   Driver          "SVGA"
   Device          "Primary Card"
   Monitor         "Primary Monitor"
   DefaultColorDepth  16
   SubSection "Display"

make sure you amend the right Screen section; there may well be more than one.

--
Oliver Elphick                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]