On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, pgarcia wrote:

> Could someone please summarize the main changes in the upcoming Debian 2.0
> release?  Does it include the filesystem changes in FHS 2.0?  I noticed
> that on the ftp doc/package-developer/ directory, the old fsstnd-1.2 files
> are still there.

The main feature of Debian 2.0 will be libc6 (aka glibc2).  We support
compilation for both the old libc5 and the new libc6, as well as all old
packages in a seamless manner.  We are still based on FSSTND 1.2, we plan
to move to FHS 2.0 in Debian 2.1

--
Scott K. Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/