Hello,

I installed Netscape 4.04 (in a private directory) last year
and after fiddling with preferences (Edit -> preferences
->Navigator->Applications)  I was able to bring up XDVI when
I clicked on a .dvi file and a ghostview  when I click on a .ps
file.  I was running RedHat 4.02 (I think).

I installed Debian 1.3.1 last month, and Netscape works without
having to reinstall.  However now when I click on a
.dvi or .ps file, I get message:

    sh -c line 1: missing closing `)' for arithmetic expression
    sh -c line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `;'
    sh -c line 1: ((/hda8/Tex/bin/xdvi /tmp/M...dvi);rm /tmp/M....dvi)&

The relevant .mailcap entry is

    application/x-dvi;/hda8/Tex/bin/xdvi %s

Can anyone help fix problem.

King Lee