At 05:17 PM 4/20/98 -0600, S. keeling wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kenneth F. Ryder III) writes:
>

>>      I Do not have a manual for my monitor, but I want to push my
>> resolution in X higher.  I have searched the net, but I can't find
>> the horizontal and vertical rates for it.  my monitor is:
>>
>> PIXIE  PBC-1450
>
>Never heard of Pixie, but could PBC mean Packard-Bell Corp?  netscape
>http://www.packard...
>
>> ALSO:  I am left handed, but I can't figure out how to set my mouse buttons
>> for left handed use.  (GPM & X)
>
>#  /etc/gpm.conf - configuration file for gpm(1)
>#
>device=/dev/ttyS1
>responsiveness=
>type=mman
>append="-B 321 -R"
>
>Then, in X use /etc/gpmdata in MouseSystems mode.  The -B 321 swaps the
>mouse buttons.
>
>--
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED]             Contract programmer, server dude.
>                            TopQuark Software & Serv. Enquire within.
>
>  Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.

I have a PS/2 mouse in /dev/psaux, I tried the configuration above , with
the exceptions:  device = /dev/ttyS1 ( I used /dev/psaux)  and type=mman (
I used PS/2)
with the above changes in the XF86Config file, I had X server die, I found
in the man page for GPM to use /dev/gpmdata instead of /etc/gpmdata, so I
changed that, but I still got damaged results, X ran , but the mouse was
wrong, it moved OK, but the buttons were completely messed up, not reversed
both just really screwy for instance, I did not have the function of a
right handed user's left button, on any of my buttons.

Any ideas as to where to go next?

BTW: the changes worked in regular shells just not in X