Problem :

        I always get inodes counted wrong in blocks, and timeout/reset
errors from my hdd, can this be fixed by a low level format? Or any ideas
what is causing this, and what steps I should take to fix it?

Other information about the drive, ide 2.1 gb NEC,
/dev/hda1 - 1.9 gb, linux native
/dev/hda2 - 133 mb, linux swap

The hdd is also less than a year old, so I really don't want to hear that
the hdd has problems that can't be fixed... ;)

--
Kevin S. Brackett, DNS & UNIX Systems Administration
Abyss Internet Solutions, Inc., http://www.abyss.net/