On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 08:49:47PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 1998 at 08:37:08PM -0400, David B Wilson wrote:
> > I'm confused by your message.  You use /dev/sda4 with a parallel port
> > zip drive?
> Yes
> It seems to me that they come formatted with 1 partition...which is partition
> 4 (for no apprent reason)

The zip drive looks just like a SCSI disk - /dev/sda.  They are supplied
formatted as /dev/sda4.  You don't have to stick with this - I reformatted
mine as a ext2 /dev/sda1 :-)

Can't help on the linux & dos & mac bit I'm afraid.

Adrian

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED],  http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution