> How can I set the sound card mixer defaults (volumes, etc)?  Each time I
> login, my settings are reset.

use cam.  There's an option (read the manpage,  I've forgotten how to do
it) to save sound settings.  Then you can run cam from the command
line (in a boot script) with some sort of file option at boot and it'll
read these settings from the file and reset the levels to those settings.

                                                        Will

|             [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]           |
|                       http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/                   |
|    PGP Public Key:  http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/index.html#pgpkey    |