Hi,

Yesterday I've downloaded the new KDE beta 4. After some struggling, I
was able to start it. But, when I start EMACS, the text is all wrong (I
think it uses wrong fonts). The XEMACS works OK with fonts, but doesn't
like the .emacs and other lisp files that worked OK with EMACS.

Can somebody give me a solution:
1. to make EMACS work OK with KDE
or
2. to change .emacs to work with XEMACS.

The XEMACS complains at lines like

;; Redefine some keys.
(setq kill-whole-line t)                                ; Kill EOL too
(global-set-key [kp-home] 'beginning-of-line)
(global-set-key [kp-end] 'end-of-line)
(global-set-key [home] 'beginning-of-line)
(global-set-key [end] 'end-of-line)
(global-set-key [C-home] 'beginning-of-buffer)
(global-set-key [C-end] 'end-of-buffer)
(global-set-key [S-delete] 'clipboard-kill-region)
(global-set-key [S-insert] 'clipboard-yank)
(global-set-key [C-insert] 'clipboard-kill-ring-save)
(global-set-key [S-right] 'set-mark-command)
(global-set-key [f1]      'goto-line)           ; goto line
(global-set-key [delete]  'delete-char)         ; delete character under
cursor
(global-set-key [f4]      'indent-three-spaces) ; indent 3 spaces
(global-set-key [f8]      'kill-current-line)   ; delete current line
(global-set-key [?\C-z] 'undo); added here because I usually do kills by
mistake
(global-set-key "\C-x\C-j" 'goto-line) ; Command prompts for linenumber
to go to.

It says

Invalid (FSF Emacs) key format (see doc of define-key): C-home

I can hand-fix some of these, but I have a lot of .el files and it seems
absurd to me to do this for all of them. Also, I would be glad if you
can share a solution that will make the .emacs files useable for both
EMACS and XEMACS (if that's possible).

Thanks,

Ionutz