This is probably not a Debian problem, but I've noticed that since I
installed Netscape 4.05, I can't get any plug-ins to work.  I've installed
rvplayer and acroread from Debian packages, as well as UMP, which works
with the timidity package.

These all worked fine with netscape 3.04.  If I look at 'about
plug-ins' in netscape, they show up, but for realplayer, it shows an
extension of rpm, rather than ram (I wonder if it would try to play a Red
Hat package?)

There appears to be no way to edit the plug-in list, as there was in the
earlier netscape versions.  Following the help links indicates
that there should be an option to edit plug-ins in edit/preferences, but
it doesn't appear there.

Netscape doesn't seem to use the information in /etc/mime.types or
/etc/mailcap.

Does anyone know how to get the plug-ins to work?

Bob

----
Bob Nielsen                 Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen