I've got a bo (installed from a 1.3.1r6 CD) machine at work, and am
looking for a good way to update it via FTP.  The problem I have is
that all FTP connections at our site have to go through a proxy (connect
with the userid "proxyftp", use the command "quote site some.site.name"
to connect to the remote site, and finally login with the "user"
command), and dselect does not appear to be able to accomodate this.

  Is there an easy way to automate this process, so that I don't need to
manually check each package for an updated version?  I'd be willing to
download the individual packages manually, if required, but would like
to be able to generate a list of which packages I need.

  Currently, this is just to apply the various security updates (etc.)
from bo, and not to perform an update to hamm.