>> A sample "mailsession" could be:
>>
>> 220-haitech.martin.home Smail-3.2.0.101 (#2 1998-Mar-18) ready at Sun,
DT> 17 May 1998 18:21:21 +0200 (CEST)

>> RCPT TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> 250 '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <martinb@(nodomain)> Recipient Okay.

DT> Ugrading to the newest hamm smail package, verifying local addresses
DT> returns similar to the above example.  I thought maybe this was a config
DT> problem on my part, but now that I've seen it again, maybe this is how
DT> it's meant to be?  I tweaked my config, turing on and off various
DT> attributes tying to get rid of the (nodomain) part, or at least getting
DT> it to repeat the mailname of my system.  Anyone know if this is the
DT> intended behaviour?

Looks like intended. This nodomain pert only appears when the network part
of the email address is recognised as the local system.

220-haitech.martin.home Smail-3.2.0.101 (#2 1998-Mar-18) ready at Wed, 20 May
1998 03:13:22 +0200 (CEST)
220 ESMTP supported
HELO localhost
250 haitech.martin.home Hello localhost (localhost from address [127.0.0.1]).
MAIL FROM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Sender Okay
RCPT TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Recipient Okay.

Ciao,
        Martin