Hello:

I recently installed Debian 1.3.1 that I purchased from Linux System
Labs.  I have had several problems, and cannot seem to find the
answers.

I have ppp successfully running, but cannot get fetchmail (or
popclient) to work.

Here's the commands I've tried:

fetchmail -k -u <my username> <my mailserver>
fetchmail -p POP3 -k -u <my username> <my mailserver>
fetchmail -p IMAP -k -u <my username> <my mailserver>

I know the my mail server supports both POP3 and IMAP... regardless,
these don't seem to be the problem.

fetchmail (or popclient) will connect to the server, prompt me for my
password, then start reading messages.  It will say
"reading message 1 (size)"
print one or two periods, then sit there indefinately.  If I watch the
modem lights, there is a lot of rd/sd action going on prior to the
freeze up, but once it starts reading messages, all light activity stops.