Hi,

My box is connected to my ISP via an ISDN router (Ascend pipeline),
which does dial on demand. I don't want sendmail to establish
connections in the background. The mail processing shall be delayed
until I explicitly make a connection.

Though I found various hints on I was not able to make it work for me.
I'm using the Debian sendmail-package 8.8.8-16. This is my current
customization section in sendmail.mc:

## Custom configurations below (will be preserved)
define(`confDELIVERY_MODE', `delay')
FEATURE(nodns)dnl
FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
FEATURE(nouucp)dnl
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl
define(`SMART_HOST', `relay:[rw.sni.de]')dnl
define(`confCON_EXPENSIVE', `True')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(rw.sni.de)dnl
define(`confUSERDB_SPEC', `/etc/mail/userdb.db')dnl
FEATURE(notsticky)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl

There is no nameserver on my box.