This looks correct. Note that this will not work for web browsers which don't
comply with HTTP 1.1. Ie., the client is required to send the "Host:" header in
the request, which wasn't done in HTTP 1.0. Which browsers send the header? I
leave this as an exercise for the reader. If you have a client that doesn't seem
to be working you can do a test like this: install the "netcat" package if you
don't already have it. Now on your linux box run:

nc -l -p 9000

And on the client type in the  URL "http://your.server.name:9000"; where
'your.server.name' is the fqdn of the linux box. nc will spit out all the
headers
the browser's sending. For example, when I try this test using my Netscape 4.05
browser from NT to my linux box I get:

chilin$ nc -l -p 9000
GET / HTTP/1.0
Connection: Keep-Alive
Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8

Asher Haig wrote:

> How do I set up the vhost in apache 1.3? The way I have it set up right
> now, they just send it to the first one, regardless of all the others.
> I'm doing name based rather than IP based.
>
> After looking at the documentation, here's what I have:
>
> NameVirtualHost 168.151.130.19
>
> <VirtualHost 168.151.130.19>
> ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> DocumentRoot /home/.aaron/houreyes
> ServerName www.houreyes.com
> ErrorLog /var/log/www/houreyes.com.err
> TransferLog /var/log/www/houreyes.com.trn
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 168.151.130.19>
> ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> DocumentRoot /home/.lordwurm/public_html
> ServerName wurmland.warped-reality.com
> ErrorLog /var/log/www/wurmland.warped-reality.com.err
> TransferLog /var/log/www/wurmland.warped-reality.com.trn
> </VirtualHost>

>    | Asher Haig        [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
>    | Pager/Voice Mail              (972) 328-9247 |

Jens B. Jorgensen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]