Hi All,

        Well, I decided to use Linux two months ago and as you may see, I'm
quite
still a layman on the subject. Anyway, I'm trying to find anyone who could
help me installing and get running the Xfree86.
        I downloaded the other day the files that would install xfree86 version
3.32 and folowing the instructions, I tried to run the preinstalation
script but it had returned the following error message:

>sh /var/tmp/preinst.sh
/var/tmp/preinst.sh: file: command not found

You appear to have an a.out system.
a.out binaries are not available for
this release

        Ok, after some research, I found out that I needed another kind of
binaries, ELF, but I also found out that my Debian version (1.3) was
supposed to support those binaries. My question is, what do I need to get
ELF's running on my computer? Were I supposed to install any especial
packets during installation?
        Anyone have the answers? Or anyone know were I could find it? or any
other
easier way of installing Xfree?? Everything that I want is to get that
thing runnig, it doesn't matter how :)
        Thanks for any support!!!

        Psy