On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Michael Beattie wrote:

> I am trying to use top on an old wyse terminal, but it will not display
> the processes below the column header. Also, when quitting, the prompt
> appears in the middle of the system info at the top of the screen, and
> when using commands such as "u", the prompt appears with $xx sequences.
> the xx being a number.
>
> Can anyone help?

ldd /usr/bin/top
        libproc.so.1.11 => /lib/libproc.so.1.11 (0x4000b000)
        libncurses.so.3.0 => /lib/libncurses.so.3.0 (0x4001b000)
        libc.so.5 => /usr/lib/libc.so.5 (0x40058000)

top uses ncurses, therefore you need to properly set the TERM
environment variable. See man ncurses.

*   For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son,  *
*   that whoever believes in Him should not perish...    John 3:16  *
* W. Paul Mills            *  Topeka, Kansas, U.S.A.                *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]       *  http://homepage.midusa.net/~wpmills/  *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] *  http://www.networksplus.net/wpmills/  *
* Bill, I was there several years ago, why would I want to go back? *