>> "BM" == Brian Morgan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

BM> 1.    I can send mail, using debian.greenville.edu as my "outgoing mail
BM> (SMTP) server" (debian is the host name for my debian system), and
BM> others receive it fine.  However, when I try to receive mail using the
BM> same server name, I get the message "Netscape's network connection was
BM> refused by the server:  debian.greenville.edu"

BM> I am using Pop 3, the default.  Is this correct?  Is there anything I
BM> need to do to my debian box to get pop3 services running?  Anything else
BM> I need to configure?

Do you have a POP3 Server running at the host you want to get mail from?
Check with "telnet debian.greenville.edu pop-3".

It is not completely clear to me, if the host you run Netscape on is
debian.greenville.edu itself. If this is the case, you can also use the
movemail thing.

BM> 2.    All of my icons in netscape are black and white.  Is this normal?
BM> I've seen versions for FreeBSD that are in full color.  Am I doing
BM> something wrong?

Should be color icons. What colordepth do you use in X? If it is 8bpp, you
should start netscape with the -install option (install privat colormap).

BM> 3.    The only way for me to run netscape is by typing in the full path
BM> in xterm:  /usr/local/netscape/netscape.  I'm running afterstep, and
BM> cannot get any of the graphical shortcuts to work for it, either via the
BM> debian-apps-net menu, or through the built in button that came with
BM> afterstep.  Can someone help me configure theses paths to point to the
BM> correct netscape location?

If you used the debian netscape installer, the menuentries should work
ok. Try it instead to ns-install script from the tarball.

Ciao,
        Martin