Hi,

I'm having problems setting up X which I think are due to
my graphic card settings. I have what I thought was a pretty
standard card which the drivers are there for. The card has
a Cirrus CL-GD5446BV with 2 MB of ram. Superprobe identifies
both ok. I used xf86config to set up the configuration file
and can't see anything wrong there (as suggested I've set
no clock settings).
I'm using fvwm2. When I start up X I get small dots appearing
round anything that moves (a window if I drag it, fish if
I start xfishtank, etc). Some of the dots stay visible (this
effect does occasionally appear under Win95, but only within
scrollbars around windows. Otherwise there are no graphics problems
at all under Win95). I're tried turning off both acceleration
and bitblt, but that makes things worse: in particular, if I
generate text wider than a window (eg by ls -al) the window is
redrawn with multiple overlapping copies of itself.
If I force a redraw most times the dots go away.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Graham