on Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:01:24PM -0600, Alex Malinovich
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I've finally gotten fed up with my roommate's Canon CBJ-2100 printer and
> all of it's associated problems (both software and hardware) and have
> decided to get a new one. My only requirements are that it's relatively
> inexpensive (< $200 US) and that it can be set up easily and will work
> well on our LAN. All of the machines except for one are running Debian,
> and the one that it will physically be connected to is running Debian.
> Any suggestions on a good choice?

A used, ethernet-capable, postscript laserprinter.  Possibly a higher
up-front cost, but generally higher performance, and better quality, as
well as far-lower operating costs, than inkjets.

HPLJ4 or better should do you well.  Used ~$300, but as noted the
operating costs are lower than inkjet ($40/cartridge or so).

Peace.

--
Karsten M. Self <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        http://kmself.home.netcom.com/