In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Pere Camps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>       I've just read some postings complaining that their systems crash too
>often with debian 2.0

I think they have a library problem, or a ld.so problem. Don't know what
causes this though.

>       Is debian 2.0 stable or should I stick with 1.3? The machine serves
>e-mail and web services for about 300 people...

Remember, people only post when something *doesn't* work. Thousands
of people do have it running allright. All our servers at Cistron
Internet run at least Debian 2.0, a lot of them even the unstable
"slink" tree and with no problems at all.

I upgraded all machines while running, and half of them remotely
from 30 kilometers distance. Only Debian has such a smooth upgrade path.
I used autoup.sh for the upgrades from 1.3.1 to 2.0 on most machines.

Mike.
--
  "Seed me, Seymour"
  -- a random number generator meets the big green mother from outer space