I usually try to start up xdm when booting, and with new X I started
having a problem - xdm will not let non-root users login if they have a
.xsession file in their directory. In .xsession-errors I get
"setegid(100): Operation not permitted" (and other connect to .0:0 errors)
xdm and X are not suid root, could that be why? I'd really rather not
change it from default, but if that's the only way :(

---
"... After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known
quotations."
                -- H. L. Mencken, on Shakespeare

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP public key