XRDLAB writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am running hamm. To install the latest windowmaker,
 > I downloaded the following files for WindowMaker 0.19.1 from
 > http://master.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages (as was suggested by the
 > maintainer):
 >
 > libproplist0-dev_0.8.1-2.deb
 > libproplist0_0.8.1-2.deb
 > libwings-dev_0.19.1-1_i386.deb
 > libwmaker0-dev_0.19.1-1_i386.deb
 > libwmaker0_0.19.1-1_i386.deb
 > libwraster1-dev_0.19.1-1_i386.deb
 > libwraster1_0.19.1-1_i386.deb
 > wmaker_0.19.1-1_i386.deb
 >
 > Installation was without errors. But when I do a 'startx', the xserver
 > crashes with the following error message:

 >     /usr/X11R6/bin/WindowMaker: error loading shared libraries
 >     undefined symbol: _Xsetlocale

Hi,

I4ve posted a question about this on Saturday. You can search the wmaker 0.19
thread.

First, I recommend you to download the Debian version of wmaker 0.19.1 (it is
in unstable section (slink) in a Debian mirror site). Better than compiling
things yourself and no fear of putting things in the wrong place.

After that you4ll still have the _Xsetlocale problem. To solve it I was asked
to try two things:

   1) As root run ldconfig.

   2) Upgrade to xlib6g 3.3.2.3-1 (it4s in hamm).

The first thing did not solve my problem (as the maintainer expected),  but
the upgrade of xlib6g made it run smoothly.

Good Luck.

Paulo.