> > But how does one get a
> > screenshot under [Debian] Linux?  Is there anything comparable to
> > Snapshot (on Solaris), for example?
> >
> Just use the GIMP! ;-)
>
> >From the main toolbox window: "Xtns -> Screen Shot".

That was the winning answer. :-)

Thanks for all the replies.  xv was the most common suggestion, but
I'm running Bo still and haven't ever installed a non-free deb before,
so it was nice to learn that, once again, the GIMP is all I'll ever
need.

--Eric House

|            from the desktop of: Eric House, [EMAIL PROTECTED]              |
|    "The instructions said 'Win98 or better' -- so I installed Linux"    |