> Where can I find help on installing Debian?
> I thought this was the list but no one has replied.
>
> When installing Debian I get this error part way though the instation:
>
> "No ... msdos ... partitions that had not already been mounted were
> detected."
>
> What could cause this error?  I am wanting to install from my hardrive.

There should be an installation text on each debian binary CDROM.
I beleive the same text can be found on debian home page.

As for the error you mention:
I didn't had such an error. My first guess is that you didn't partition your
HD, yet you are trying to install debian on it.
I suggest that you read the instlation help text I mentioned above. You can
also send more details to this list.

        Hope this helps.