In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I searched through Debian package lists....
>nothing even mentions COBOL. I personally doubt that sucha beast
>exists. Ive never actually heard of anyone who actually LIKES COBOL.

A quick Deja News search reveals:

   http://www.netsis.it/~asantini/cobcy/

>From the comp.lang.cobol FAQ I pull this:

        3.4 for Linux?
        AcuCOBOL-85  and AcuCOBOL-GT are available for
        Linux.  Also,  the iBCS2 code for Linux should
        mean that it is possible to get  some of the i486
        COBOL packages for operating systems such as SCO UNIX
        to work.

        There  were reports that earlier versions of Micro
        Focus products worked   under   SCO  UNIX  emulations
        under   Linux.   However, representatives from Micro
        Focus doubt that this would  still  be true with their
        current compiler technology.

        http://www.deskware.com/cobol/cobol.htm
        http://www.acucobol.com/

Not too difficult, really.  And I don't even know COBOL.
--
Carl Fink               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum