After allowing an upgrade of slink packages without watching too
closely, I then discovered that the auto loading of modules
(ppp,sound,vfat) fails for all modules.  I can use insmod to *manually*
load these modules (in dependency order) and everything works.  The
modules.dep file is correct (depmod -a doesn't help), it has the right
dependencies and locations.  I have done nothing to the kernel; no new
kernel.  I booted up this morning with everything working, connected to
an ftp site with dselect, allowed it to upgrade about a dozen packages,
and afterword all module loading is broken.  Anybody seen this?

--
Ed C.