>> "BB" == Bruno Boettcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

BB> - first of all i want my favourite mailreader back: pine.
BB> the problem is, that the version for thesrc and diffs is 3.96 and i want
BB> to sue as before 4.03...

BB> now when i try to build pine by hand i get the following message:
BB> 05:34:36 yoda:~/tmp/pine4.03$ build slx
BB> Cannot stat debian/rules

BB> i am quite clueless about this message..... what shall i do to get a
BB> working copy? How hard is it to make  a debian package out of it?

First get the debian pine sources. They are on your local debian
mirror in project/experimental. You need the .diff.gz, .dsc and
.orig.tar.gz files. Better use a ftp client for this, not
netscape. Netscape uncompressed the diff.gz file when I did this,
causeing trouble for the next steps.

(install the dpkg-dev debian package)
Now create the pine source tree: dpkg-source -x pine*.dsc
Cd into the sourcedir: cd pine-4.04
Create the deb packages: debian/rules binary
Install the package: cd ..; dpkg -i pine*.deb pilot*.deb pico*.deb

Ciao,
        Martin