I read my email lists (such as this one) with Emacs+Gnus, and I've come across
a serious bug.  It seems that if a message contains a line such as the
following, it bombs when incorporating new mail:

        from <something> something

Note the lower-case `f' in `from'.  It doesn't seem to matter what the
`something's are, as long as the angle-backets are there.

It would presumably have the same problem with upper-case, `From', but the MTA
(smail) puts a `>' before any such line, so the MUA sees it as `>From ...'.
But smail evidently doesn't do that for a lower-case `from'.

So would this be considered a bug in emacs?  or in smail?  or both?

I'd like to file a bug report if one doesn't already exist; or get an update
that fixes it, if there is one.  But I don't know where to look.

Any suggestions?

--
David Zelinsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]