On 18-Oct-98 Bob Nielsen wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, D'jinnie wrote:
>> A while ago, there was a buzz about Corel releasing a WP Suite 8 for
>> Linux. It was slated to come out mid-summer...I can't find any mention
>> of it anywhere on Corel's site. Did they give up on the idea, or what?
>
> All they have released so far is the WP 7 word processor.  There was a
> beta of version 8, but it was for the word processor only and it
> doesn't
> appear to be available at present.  Look at www.sdcorp.com for further
> information.  I'd like to see Quattro Pro added, at least.
>
> Bob

If you go to one of the sites listed on www.sdcorp.com for WP7, you can
find the pre-release of WP8, dated August 1998

ftp ftp.turbolinux.com
    /pub/linux/corelwp/wp8prelease/
(and read the README in that directory: you can either get a 38MB tar.gz
file, or several files less than 5MB each. Also note what it says about
unpacking the file[s]).

The directory /pub/linux/corelwp/ itself contains the files for WP7.

Hope this helpes someone!
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 19-Oct-98                                       Time: 01:30:38