On 3 Nov 1998, rathon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was installing Debian2.0 on a new PC and I have two question:
>
> 1) While in deselect, I would see the follwoing
>
> EIOM
>  ***  <some package name> etc etc
>  ***  <some package name> etc etc
> How can I tell that the above pkg has already been installed ? Is that
> by that last asterik under 'M' ?

In dselect, the screen is split into 2 parts, top one lists all the
packages you have, bottom one provides a short description.
When you scroll down to a particular package, look into the middle of a
screen, right in between two windows, it will say if the package is
installed, and what is it's status (marked for installation, removal, etc)
 Hope this helps.
Andrew