On Mon, Nov 23, 1998 at 04:52:04PM -0700, ESBAM wrote:

> I've never even _heard_ of a 1.78Mb floppy disk until now.

>From /usr/doc/fdutils/README.gz:

: Although most drives support more than 80 tracks some may not, and
:repeatedly trying to read beyond track 80 might be damaging to them.
:In order to know wether your drive supports more than eighty tracks,
:first set the number of allowed tracks to 82.
<snip>
: N.B. I have yet to see a 3.5" drive which doesn't support 82 tracks.
:If you have such a beast, please mail me.

So I'm assuming that most drives support this, but the 1.743 format
requires 83 tracks, AFAICS. Question then is, does rawrite2 support beyond
track 80?

Ben Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                  Debian GNU/Linux
UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]