I just installed Debian on an old 486, which has a old sony cdu33a cdrom
connected to a soundblaster 16. The problem is that the soundcard only has
jumper settings for the cdroms irq, not for the base adress, and stupid as I
am, I
didn't have those written down somewhere since I haven't used this comp for some
2-3 years. After having tried all possible irq and base adresses combination
with the sony cdu31a module (which I have a vauge memory of working when I
first installed linux on this computer), I was wondering if there is any
nice way to determine irq & base adress and therefore being able to use it.
Or if there is any other nice method to get it to work I don't know of ;)

//Anders a.k.a Caine