Evening all.
Small problem here: seems that Lilo screwed up my MBR for one of the hard
drives, specifically one with Win95 on it.
Here is lilo.conf:
boot = /dev/hda
root = /dev/hdb2
install = /boot/boot.b
map = /boot/map
vga = normal
delay = 50
ramdisk = 0

read-only
default = linux

image = /vmlinuz
label = Debian
alias = linux

image = /boot/vmlinbackup
label = backup

other = /dev/hda1
label = MS
table = /dev/hda

Now......when at lilo prompt I type 'MS'
I get "Invalid System disk" error message, even though there is no disk in
floppy.
BIOS still detects the disk.
I can mount my windows partition and look at the files.

But I can not boot into Windows.

When I insert my Win boot disk, this is what it does:
Gives me 'Starting Windows 95'
Then throws me in dos on A: drive.
When I do c:
It takes me to the C drive, which is what used to be D drive in windows,
and is a /dev/hdb in linux.
C drive as a C drive where my windows is located, /dev/hda, is not
accessible.

Cfdisk did not recognise the type of partition that I had on /dev/hda

Any ideas on how to get my C drive back?
I do need Windows, until I get cyrillics to work in linux.
TIA,
 Andrew

Never include a comment that will help | Andrew Ivanov
someone else understand your code.     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
If they understand it, they don't      | ICQ: 12402354
need you.                              |