Hey all,

I'm attempting to install Debian via ftp on a Micron PII-267 but I can't
seem to get ethernet working. The machine's motherboard is a PD440FX,
and the NIC is an Intel 82557C-based Ethernet PCI 10/100. I think that's
one of those ones that's right on the motherboard and thus part of
Intel's evil plot for total world domination. Anyway, none of the device
modules in the net section of the rescue-floppy installer seem willing
to install. Out there on the Net I spotted a driver for a similar Intel
card, which is listed as semi-supported. Is it possible to load this
driver manually at this point and proceed with installation via ftp? Is
anyone successfully using this particular NIC? Thanks in advance for any
clues.

Henry