Well I have got my X working now (finally found the old SUSE Matrox server on
the Webi its gone from the SUSE hompage). Now I have a smaill Smail problem. I
am using Smail to send mail and fetchmail to pull incoming mail from the
company POP3 server.

I have set my visable domain to be esc.azlan.co.uk useing the smail-config
program and mail going to other domains is OK. However if I try and send any
mail to anyone who is in my own domain (esc.azlan.co.uk) Smail bounces it
back at me claiming that user does not exist.

What I think is happening is that it is looking for the user on this PC and
not trying to forward it to mail.esc.azlan.co.uk.

When I used to use sendmail there was a DM option you could set so as to
masquarade as the mail server for a domain. Basically anything going to
another domain was sent direct from your machine with a header rewrite
(replacing [EMAIL PROTECTED] with [EMAIL PROTECTED]) and any mail sent just to
the
local domain was sent to the main domain mail server.

Is there a way to get this behaviur with Smail ?

Pat

PS Thanks for all the help I have had from everyone so far in migrating from
RedHat to Debian, even after using RedHat for a couple of years its more of a
culture shock than you would think changing to a new distribution.