On Wed, 16 Dec 1998, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:

>Hi, All
>
>i've put script (hw init) in /etc/rc.boot which cause
>my system to hang completely. I got rescue disk, booted
>using "rescue root=/dev/hda3" but /etc/rc.boot is still
>executed and computer still hangs.
>
>So, the question is how to boot from rescue disk and
>to able to mount / but not to execute whatever is here
>in /etc/rc.boot

AFAIK, if you don't give any arguments at the rescue disk's "boot:"
prompt, it will happily load the ramdisk and mount the filesystem it loads
in ramdisk as root. Then, assuming your Linux root is on /dev/hda3, you
just "mount /dev/hda3 /mnt" and then "vi /mnt/etc/rc.boot"  to your
heart's content.

--
Evgeny Roubinchtein, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality assurance: A way to ensure you never deliver shoddy goods accidentally.