On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, George Bonser wrote:

 : On Thu, 17 Dec 1998, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
 :
 : > Are you advocating that we _not_ follow pine's license and
 : > distribute modified binaries anyway?  Thus breaking the law?
 :
 : No, I am advocating getting the binary approved.

Go for it.  Just remember this:

8.License Must Not Be Specific to Debian

     The rights attached to the program must not depend on the program's
     being part of a Debian system. If the program is extracted from
     Debian and used or distributed without Debian but otherwise within
     the terms of the program's license, all parties to whom the program
     is redistributed should have the same rights as those that are
     granted in conjunction with the Debian system.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD