resending this message this time not in html:

Hi,

I have a problem that some people have had before. Error message "can't
load library libXt.so.6" when trying to execute for ex
netscape. I searched the list and found previous messages on the
problem, and also a solution:
check to see if directory /usr/X11R6/lib is present in /etc/ld.so.conf
and then run ldconfig -v

I have done that, after checking that libXt.so.6 actually exists in the
directory.

However, that didn't solve the problem, so now I have no clues left. Is
there anybody who can think of any more reasons to get
this error message?

TIA

Marcus