bob parker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages2.pl?keywords=webcam
>
> I did that and I installed the package called webcam, it is a package for
> ftp loading a stream of webcam images to a server. It is not for dowloading
> still images to the hard drive.
>
> Why not try out your own advice before giving it to see if it does the job?

Actually, I did that. What I didn't do is researching your famous
"webcam". No matter what the manufacturer calls it, if it's a digicam,
you should have asked "digicam" not "webcam". If it's a webcam, use
any v4l-program - if you have a v4l-driver for that "cam".

So, please, don't tell others how to give advice if your question is
imprecise.

--
Tschoe,                http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt - Fingerprint:
 Jens                  1AAB 67A2 1068 77CA 6B0A  41A4 18D4 A89B 28D0 F097