Stephen Pitts wrote:

> On  6 Jan, Brant Wells wrote:
> > Howdy Y'all
> >
> > My WP8 installed correctly, but I am unable to execute it for some
> > reason... If I start an X-Term session, I get a command not found
> > error... :(
> >
> > It doesn't matter who I log in as, it won't run, even if I go to the
> > folder that it is installed in...
> >
> > For reference, I am running the Bash shell prompt (default?)..
> >

> > Thanks again...
> > Brant.

> The default path doesn't include the current directory: just /usr/bin,
> /usr/X11R6/bin, /bin, and /usr/local/bin. cd to the directory with xwp,
> then type ./xwp to run Wordperfect 8.Anyone been successful at putting
> it in /usr/local instead of a directory off of the home directory. I
> heard some ppl were having problems with that on /.

        Yes, I installed it to /usr/local/ (as root) and it went fine (binary
ends up
in /usr/local/lib/xwp/wpbin/).  My normal user can use it with no special
tricks, but I use the following bash function (wp8 apparently needs to start in
its binary's directory?):

        xwp () {
                pushd /usr/local/lib/xwp/wpbin
                ./xwp