> On 07-Jan-99 David Welton wrote:
> > As there is no official .deb of 3.3.3, and the recommendation is to
> > replace the files, I'd like to know what exactly to replace, so as to
> > create the least amount of confusion on my system (after all, I run
> > Debian so as not to have to futz with stuff like this...:-).  I have a
> > matrox g100, which ought to use the SVGA server, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> All you NEED is the actual xserver-svga.  Place it in /usr/local or overwrite
> the Debian version and then add it to /etc/Xserver.

Second here.  I actually took XFCom_Matrox.tar.gz from ftp.suse.com
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse_update/XSuSE/xmatrox/xmatrox.tgz

It contains only binary + little readme.  Then I placed binary XFCom_Matrox in
/usr/bin/X11/XFCom_Matrox and modified /etc/X11/Xserver.  You may have
"backspace problem"  Then create a symbolic link:
ln -s /var/lib/kbd/ /var/X11R6/xkb/compiled

Sasha.