On 8 Jan 1999, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> Hi,>
>       May I suggest the kernel_image target for make-kpkg? For most
 Yes you may-who better?
>  people, the kernel-image-XXX-YYY package is the only one relevant;
>  everything else is only there for completeness. And for personal use,
>  you do not need the pgp signature. kernel-image target does not
>  invoke pgp.
>
>       manoj
That's a very valuable hint. When I saw the .deb packages produced
all but one did seem superfluous and I only installed that one. man pages
seem ritually diffident. Are  examples or suggestions for typical use
formally forbidden or discouraged? Or did I miss such a suggestion
in the make-dpkg page?
     Thanks again for the help (and the program).
           chuck